Friday, June 22, 2007

Travel Itinerary

So here's the travel plan for my drive out to Yellowstone (navigated with the help of the sweet atlas Al gave me):

Day 1 (Sat): Leave Rossford, Ohio and get as far West as possible by 6 or 7pm (somewheres in Iowa), find a campsite and sleep.

Day 2 (Sun): Drive North to South Dakota, see the Corn Palace, Wall Drug, and sleep at Badlands National Park for the night.

Day 3 (Mon): Drive South to see Wind Cave National Park, then North-West to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse and the Black Hills. Then drive West into Wyoming and visit Devil's Tower. Camp there for the night.

Day 4 (Tues): Drive across Wyoming and Montana while stopping to see Custard's Last Stand (detour), and taking my sweet time driving the backroads and staying off the highway. Possibly getting to Yellowstone that night.

Day 5 (Wed): Drive to Gardiner, Montana and relax for the day. See the Roosevelt Arch and stretch my legs because on Thursday I start work at Yellowstone!

Well that's my plan.

The next post I make will be made from Yellowstone!

Wish me good luck, safe driving, and godspeed!

No comments: